When it comes to gas leaks, there are several signs that indicate you might have an issue, including a sulfur-like smell, hissing sound or damaged connections to gas appliances. Bubbling water and unusual soil movement is another sign of a gas leak. Additionally, you may notice that the vegetation in your home is dying.
At Adeedo!, our Orange County and Los Angeles plumbers want to make sure that our customers note that a gas leak is an emergency, and there are several steps you will need to take in order to keep yourself safe.
Below is a list of things you’ll need to do after a gas leak:
- Extinguish any flames and leave the home immediately.
- Contact So Cal Gas company at 1-800-427-2200 or dial 9-1-1. And be sure to use a neighbor’s phone. Avoid using any telephone in an area where a leak is suspected.
- Do not light matches, candles, stoves or any appliance that may spark.
- Do not turn on or off any lights.
- Do not enter the building or home until the gas company has inspected it and made the necessary changes. The gas company will need to deem the building or home safe before you go back inside.
You should also call a plumber if you have a gas leak. At Adeedo!, our plumbers can resolve gas leaks, and they can repair leaks quickly and for a low price.
We’re comfortable telling you our plumbers are highly trained and experienced; after all, we have been performing plumbing services since 1949 and are a preferred plumbing company in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for help if you suspect you might have a gas leak. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call at (833) 936-1791.